Annamalai University is a state university that spreads across 1,500 acres of land. The university is located in the Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu, India. The university was founded in 1929 and is famous for the courses in the higher education in science, humanities, engineering, agriculture and arts. It was the first private university in India and was later taken over by the Government of Tamil Nadu in 2013.
The founder of the university is Dr. Rajah Sir Annamali Chettiar of Chettinad. He was a great visionary and a philanthropist. He had a great desire towards the development of the education in the state.
The university had only 7 departments in the year it was founded. In 75 years, the university has developed exceptionally and today has 48 Departments in all the 9 Faculties. This is one of the few private universities that have all the faculties in one campus. The university has laboratories that provide facilities for the research work for the Ph.D and Post-Doctoral work. The university has expanded year by year in terms of the courses and the infrastructure.
ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
The university is famous for the large and diverse number of courses it offers through the distance education. In 1979, Directorate of Distance Education was established. It offers more than 500 courses and one different programme of study under the Regular Stream. DDE of Annamalai University offers education to those candidates who are unable to attend the regular college due to some reason but have the desire to study. Their distance program is one of most popular programs in Tamil Nadu.
The institute is credited with the largest enrollment of students in India. It is well equipped with computer and other infrastructure. The teaching faculty and administration helps student in every step of the way. They have their own study centers and computer training centers to serve the students in their best interest at their door steps.
Also Check:- All you need to know about IBPS PO 2017 EXAM
Courses offered by Annamalai University-The Directorate of Distance Education-
• Regular Stream
• Health Science Programmes
• Computer Science & IT Programmes
• MBA Programmes
Courses Offered Under Regular Stream
Under Graduate Programmes
Post Graduate Programmes
1. Petroleum Refining Engineering
2. Law of Taxation
Post Graduation Diploma
3. Sociology of Health
• MBA in Hospital Management
• Post Graduation Diploma in Health Science in
• Wellness Fitness Science
• Tobacco Control
MBA Degree Courses
• MBA Degree Programme
• MBA (TM & EM)
• MBA E-Business (EM)
• MBA International Business (EM)
• MBA HR (EM)
• MBA Financial Management (EM)
Hotel Management Courses
Through Distance Education, the university also provides MBA in Hospitality Management under health science programme Category.
The university allows admission to all the candidates who has valid qualification for the stream they are applying for.
• You can view the application form on the official website.
• Register on the website with your Email ID and password. Remember the password as it would be required to login to your ID again.
• You can make the payment for the application form using Internet banking or Credit card or a DD in the name of “The Registrar, Annamalai University” from any Nationalized Bank, payable at Chennai. After this step the application process will be completed.
• Fill in your details at the best of your knowledge and also cross check the details to avoid any mistake.
• After taking the print of the application form and send it to “THE REGISTRAR, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar – 608 002. Cuddalore District. Tamil Nadu State.”
• Once you application form is received you are eligible for admission into Annamalai University Distance Program.